July 17, 2020
Many indie dyers have seen fiber festivals that they registered for cancelled due to COVID, so we put our heads together with Amy Lee and figured out how to do a trunk show amid this pandemic! She will be at Nitro Knitters on Friday July 31st and Saturday August 1st from 12-4pm.
While it will be a ton of fun as always, it will look different from our traditional trunk shows. We will be rearranging the store a bit to make room for Amy Lee to have more table tops to display all of her beautiful yarns. This will allow everyone to be able to spread out and keep our distance. And most importantly, we will be booking shopping appointments so that we can maintain our safe store occupancy. It will be like a semi-private shopping "party." Amy Lee will be there to help with project ideas and there will be so many samples for inspiration. Please call us at 503-372-9318 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your 30-minute appointment!
Check out Canon Hand Dyes and Dragonfly Fibers on Instagram for pictures.
Here's a taste of what there will be...
-Gradient cakes for bulky hats, socks & mitts, lace cakes for shawls
-self striping sock yarn
-shawl kits (6 color sets on several bases)
-DK half skein sets for Moonwake Cowl
-speckled 10g minis sets
-5g minis sets
-hat kits (with Pom Pom)
-7 skein Gradient sets (Find Your Fade & others)
-BUGGA kits for Lunenburg Pullover
-BUGGA kits for Lamimi Shawl
Traveller kits for The Shift Cowl
October 26, 2018
Trunk Show with Canon Hand Dyes
We are very excited to announce that Amy Lee, the creator of Canon Hand Dyes will be at Nitro Knitters for a trunk show on Saturday November 17th from 10-2. This is a great time to meet local dyer Amy Lee and see different colors and lines from Canon Hand Dyes that we don't carry in the store. She always brings project ideas and samples to inspire you too!
Among what she'll be bringing is:
* shawl kits - 6 colors of 1/3 skien each for patterns like On the Spice Market, Lamina Wrap, Torquata, Buccaneer
* hat kits - bulky skein of speckled gradient with pom pom
* speckled yarn
* mohair kits of 3 colors of 25g each for the Ombre Cowl Hood pattern (free on Ravelry)
* Bruce Yak Silk Single Ply and Lawrence Camel Silk
* Throwback Cardigan Color Work Sets
* Gradient Cakes
* "Slow Curves" Kit
* Random Single Skeins on all her bases
* Random minis: Laura Aylor is doing a Half-Vent advent knit along starting Dec 13 that uses 12 minis plus one skein of contrast that these are perfect for! Amy Lee can’t show the pattern but it releases on the 20th of November and she will help us choose colors
* DK Minis sets: Ambah O’Brien is releasing a cowl pattern in a few weeks called Scraptastic Cowl that these sets work for; she will have 1 or 2 samples knit up with her kits for this)
* 24-color minis sets
* DK minis sets on Bruce Yak Silk Merino
* Self Striping Yarn on sparkle, yak and merino